Re: Image fuction bug in Octave-3.2 in Vista x86

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:51:42PM +0000, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> --- Ven 11/6/10, James Eric Pruitt  ha scritto:
>
> > +0000, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> > Eric Pruitt
> > fresh
> > to crash
> > >
> > > James,
> > > the cygcheck says that you are using octave-3.2.3-1
> > > while the latest is octave 3.2.4-2, the one I tested.
> >
> > > (in few days we will have also the 0ctave 3.2.4-3)
> > >
> > > Could you please update and check again.
> >
> > I updated and the problem persists. I have attached the
> > octave dump, a
> > sample output of the terminal and cygcheck.out. I do not
> > have X11
> > installed on this installation of cygwin but even on the
> > Windows XP
> > virtual machine, this crash does not occur regardless of
> > whether X11 is
> > installed.
> >
> > Eric
>
> Eric,
> I am a bit puzzled.
>
> image is a test function to plot a test image on the
> X11 screen using gnuplot.

It's not just for testing. I was using it in this cellular automata
physics simulator. Please excuse the messy code;
http://pastebin.com/17KXGzZa . On my Debian Linux installation of Octave
and gnuplot, the script runs fine although right now it runs nearly
instantly as I don't have any timer breaks.

> Octave can work without the Xserver, but you can not plot
> without it running.
>
> Without X11, I have on my XP :
>
> octave:1> image
> warning: X11 DISPLAY environment variable not set
> warning: loadimage is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave; please use imread instead
>
> Marco

As mentioned before, I get the error in terminal.txt (have you looked
at it yet?) or  something similar regardless of whether or not I have X11
installed and  running or not. I've gone through 4 clean Cygwin
installations trying to  figure out what the problem was and I just got
tired of re-downloading things. If you remove X11 from your cygwin
installation, you will see that your terminal output still does not
produce a crash.

Yes, you are correct I do not have X11 installed (right now) but that
shouldn't make octave crash and produce a dump when running the image
function.

Eric