Re: C++ app segfaults in libstdc++

On 6/17/2010 9:50 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
>   To summarize the summary of the summary: C++ is complicated.

No kidding.  What if the datatypes used in the interface between the
module and main -- including ALL exception classes -- were defined in a
second DLL, on which both module and main depend?  Then module could be
dynamically loaded (and unloaded), without any 'static' entanglments
with main.

But...I'm not sure if that would fix the problem you described in your
first reply, since module would have created the modexc instance, even
if the class is defined in another DLL.  I'll give it a try later on.

--
Chuck