Re: Question...has this been raised before? why domain\user instead of domain/user?

Eric Blake wrote:
Isn't this inconsistent? Any plans to fix this?
---
	Given the difficulting in building the cygin
executable, I doubt it.

	Most projects, I get the tarball, or check it out.
Do a configure, or run the bootstrap.sh/autogen.sh script, then configure,
then make -- and it just works.

	Never had any luck w/cygwin -- ALWAYS had things
fail with missing files /executables that I never had any luck
in finding.

Tried maybe 3 separate times to track things down
over 5 years; Eventually I came to the conclusion that the builders didn't want to make easy building of cygwin a high enough
priority that any 'dummy' (like me) could just check it out and build
it -- that there were things "assumed" about the environment that any
one who was not a dummy would know should be there.

So I haven't tried since. Never had a problem building
anything else.

So I doubt you see a patch soon -- I have too many other projects where I can just download the source and they just build for me
to spend days/weeks groveling before what was such a friendly,
helpful development team, to submit work that would probably have
been rejected anyway.

***Things may have changed***, and please don't take personally
my experiences with any of your predecessors, who at times drove
me to apoplectic fits when I let them get to me.  Not too bright
of me...but C'est la vie.
If things have changed, I may try again sometime but cygwin's goals
don't include x64, which tends to limit my excitement, a bit, at
this point...;-)

Linda