Re: Fortune and the "fortune startrek" command

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:30:43PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
>Hello!
>Sometimes when I open a terminal window, and Fortune promptly displays
>an appropriately witty saying, I then see the quote from Star Trek
>surface. That's okay I created a script to do so based on one used by
>my Linux system.
>
>However this time when I invoked one using the bash as a command
>window terminal screen for Windows, I saw a qoute from the second
>pilot episode, the one said by Sally Kellerman as Liz Denhner a
>psychiatrist.
>
>Reason for this one is that it has her last name spelled wrong. For
>example on my Linux system who's running either a 2.6 series kernel it
>is spelled as I spelled it, and the same for a system running one from
>2.4 series.
>
>The only time I saw that one surface was one the kernel version was
>2.2.18, and the release for Fortune was from the bsd-games-2.1.1
>release.
>
>Who among the group of package builders I should inform regarding this mistake?

Lets all say it together: The place to report problems is the cygwin
mailing list.  I don't send private email to anyone when I think I have
found a problem.  I will just use the mailing list.  See:
http://cygwin.com/problems.html

One more time: The place to report problems is the cygwin mailing list.
I don't send private email to anyone when I think I have found a
problem.  I will just use the mailing list.  See:
http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Ok.  Now cover your eyes and see if you can say it without reading it.

"The place to cygwin problems is the list mail.  Sending email to
private people is problematic.  I should just list the problems to
the cygwin email.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus";

Close enough.

cgf