Re: Fortune and the "fortune startrek" command

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:30:43PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
>>Hello!
>>Sometimes when I open a terminal window, and Fortune promptly displays
>>an appropriately witty saying, I then see the quote from Star Trek
>>surface. That's okay I created a script to do so based on one used by
>>my Linux system.
>>
>>However this time when I invoked one using the bash as a command
>>window terminal screen for Windows, I saw a qoute from the second
>>pilot episode, the one said by Sally Kellerman as Liz Denhner a
>>psychiatrist.
>>
>>Reason for this one is that it has her last name spelled wrong. For
>>example on my Linux system who's running either a 2.6 series kernel it
>>is spelled as I spelled it, and the same for a system running one from
>>2.4 series.
>>
>>The only time I saw that one surface was one the kernel version was
>>2.2.18, and the release for Fortune was from the bsd-games-2.1.1
>>release.
>>
>>Who among the group of package builders I should inform regarding this mistake?
>
> Lets all say it together: The place to report problems is the cygwin
> mailing list. ?I don't send private email to anyone when I think I have
> found a problem. ?I will just use the mailing list. ?See:
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> One more time: The place to report problems is the cygwin mailing list.
> I don't send private email to anyone when I think I have found a
> problem. ?I will just use the mailing list. ?See:
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
> Ok. ?Now cover your eyes and see if you can say it without reading it.
>
> "The place to cygwin problems is the list mail. ?Sending email to
> private people is problematic. ?I should just list the problems to
> the cygwin email. ?See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocampus";
>
> Close enough.
>
> cgf
>
> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html

Hello!
The one thing I would not have done is bother anyone privately! I
simply wanted to know who to reference in the appropriate e-mail
indirectly. Naturally the message would have gone directly to this
list, and only to this list.

I have seen enough people have their heads handed back to them for
writing to someone directly, and it beind done on this list.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com