Re: 1.7.x: svn does nothing and returns

On 22 June 2010 23:18, Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 2010-06-22 14:57Z, Steven Woody wrote:
>>
>> After I upgraded my cygwin to the latest version.
>
> ? ?Cygwin DLL version info:
> ? ? ? ?DLL version: 1.7.1
> ? ? ? ?Build date: Mon Dec 7 11:48:55 CET 2009
>
> I think the latest is 1.7.5 .

it's strange... After I found the issue, I uninstall and reinstall the
subversion yesterday, and I think, the cygwin should also got upgraded
to the most recent version. Is it right?

>> the 'svn' program
>> always returns nothing for me for any svn commands including the very
>> simple 'svn --version' command. ?It just simply return to the next
>> command prompt without any output or an error. ?What's wrong with it?

> ? ? ? ?C:\Python26
> ? ? ? ?C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin
>

> That comes before Cygwin's directories--are you using a native svn?

"C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin" had been uninstalled long time ago.
And, even if I use the full path name '/usr/bin/svn', the problem
keeps same, so I think I am using the native svn, right?

> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html