Re: Python 2.6 - ctypes (specifically _ctypes) cannot be imported - Eclipse pydev integration broken as a result

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 10:37 +0200, Kay Drangmeister wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I updated cygwin a day ago and thus upgraded from python 2.5 to python 2.6.
> Now the eclipse integration (pydev plugin) does no longer work correctly,
> I drilled down the problem to the issue that ctypes cannot be imported
> correctly. (This worked with python 2.5.)
>
> Can I do something specific to track down the problem further?

cygcheck /usr/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/_ctypes.dll

My hunch is that cygffi-4.dll cannot be found, as that is a new dep of
python ctypes.  If I'm right, install the libffi4 package and it should
work.

(Jason: libffi4 is missing from python's requires:, and libncurses9 is
still listed instead of libncursesw10.  I fixed these on sourceware;
please be sure to fix your local copy as well.)

Yaakov