Re: Python 2.6 - ctypes (specifically _ctypes) cannot be imported - Eclipse pydev integration broken as a result

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 15:55 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I've opted for using the union of previous and curr requirements but
> that's not really too great either.  This is one of many places where
> we could use a real package manager.

And you're not the only one.  The problem with that is it can pull in
old libraries which (if nothing else depends on them) are simply not
necessary, and e.g. on my system, ImageBase real estate is at a premium.

Here's a radical question: do we really need to allow for multiple
versions of every package?  Other distros don't do this, why should we?

Yaakov