Re: Incomplete downloads reported across several mirrors

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Greg Chicares <> wrote:
> On 2010-06-22 23:44Z, Gregg Levine wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to update this 1.7.5 release of Cygwin since 11AM
>> EDT, based on the multiple announcements of updated packages.
>
> That was nine hours ago. Propagation time could be twelve hours
> if everything is working as described here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
> | New mirrors should rsync directly from cygwin.com at least twice a day.
>
>> Eventually after several repeated tries there, I waited until a few
>> minutes ago here, and decided to try again. This time it happened
>> again with the addition of the mirror based at the Open Software
>> repository at the Oregon State University.
>
> Try inspecting individual mirrors (see the link above). I've had good
> luck with heanet, so I downloaded this file (announced here today):
> ?ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/cygwin/release/webcheck/webcheck-1.10.3-1-src.tar.bz2
> and it matches the md5sum given--so try that mirror.

Hello!
I've been trying the mirrors I know and a few I've only heard about. I
did indeed try that one. Same problem.

Is it possible that there are a lot of people at work updating their systems?

Next question: Would anyone know what's involved with setting up a
mirror? I am seriously considering talking to the people at the AWS
end of Amazon about renting sufficient space on their storage farm for
just such a function. And then yes following normal procedures to
announce it and not waste time here with that bit of news.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com