Re: ls and completion very slow in root dir of a windows drive

On 6/24/2010 4:18 AM, Simon Brandner wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:29, Larry Hall wrote:
I don't believe we've seem your cygcheck output as requested by
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

The cygcheck is attached now. Problem still exists.

( During running cygcheck there appeared 2 error messages:
$ cygcheck -s -v -r>  cygcheck.out
cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() for drive J: failed: 5
cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() for drive Z: failed: 53
J: is some special drive, for software installations. I cannot access it.
Z: is a network mount, the target pc was turned off                       )

Thanks. A quick look turned up this:

 o Your '/etc/passwd' (and probably '/etc/group') need to be regenerated.
   My guess is that '/etc/postinstall/passwd-grp.sh' didn't run (or run
   properly).  You should try re-running it.

This is probably not the source of the problem but it's something you should
look into anyway.  It's worth checking "/var/log/setup*" for any complaints
as well, in case this all come back to an installation issue.

My best guess? Could be <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

Holliston, MA 01746