Re: Incomplete downloads reported across several mirrors

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Christopher Faylor <> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:31:30PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
>>As of the past few hours I've been trying some mirrors. As it happens
>>some of the mirrors report to the setup program that the program can't
>>download the setup.ini file.
>>
>>This happens with at least two of the three I choose.
>
> Not sure why you'd keep us in suspense on the theoretically bad mirrors.
>
>>Also the interrupted download happens when the very last item is being
>>retrieved, the one that instructs the entire series on what to do, the
>>_update-info-dir file for example.
>
> _update-info-dir doesn't tell anything what to do. ?It just updates the
> /usr/share/info/dir file.
>
> cgf
>
> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/docs.html

Hello!
The last one I chose was ftp://ftp.esat.net but this also happened
with both entries for mirror.averse.net and sometimes with one for
ftp.mirrorservice,org .

You're right, my apologies, this business has me some what frustrated.
Also thank you for confirming what that last entrie in the series
does.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com