Re: Mirror Problems

On 25 June 2010 08:50, DEWI wrote:

> Hi all,
> Setup.exe reports that the mirror
>
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
>
> is no longer on the official Cygwin mirror list.
>
> That seems a bit Âstrange to me because this was a mirror for years and worked exceptional fast and stable.
> Also all the other german mirrors disappear from the list.
>
> Ok than I tried the remaining Âmirrors
> ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
> ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de
>
> they are not working.
>
> Only basemirror.de works.
>
> Why all the working mirrors disappear and why do the most of the remaining not work ??
> Who made this decision ?

I think they automatically (and temporarily) fall off the list if
they're not sufficiently up-to-date, which I'd guess is something to
do with the large numbers of updates recently. Dresden and Bochum are
still working fine for me.

Andy

ps: Btw, your habit of starting a new thread for every reply is rather
annoying. Please consider changing your subscription from digest to
message-by-message and use your mailer to dump Cygwin mail into a
separate folder.

pps: Mailing list admins, is there really any need for the digest option?