Re: Mirror Problems

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:50:48AM +0200, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
>Setup.exe reports that the mirror
>
>ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
>
>is no longer on the official Cygwin mirror list.
>
>That seems a bit strange to me because this was a mirror for years and
>worked exceptional fast and stable.  Also all the other german mirrors
>disappear from the list.
>
>Ok than I tried the remaining  mirrors
>ftp://linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
>ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de
>
>they are not working.

Actually they are both working.  The fact that you can't see them does not mean that
sourceware.org can't see them.  sourceware.org maintains the list.

>Only basemirror.de works.
>
>Why all the working mirrors disappear and why do the most of the remaining not work ??
>Who made this decision ?

Perhaps reading http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html might help you
understand.  The short answer is that the mirror does not have a current
set of packages.  If it does get up to date soon it will automatically

Btw, exaggerate much?

cgf