Re: Incomplete downloads reported across several mirrors

By any chance, when you start a Cygwin shell do you occasionally get errors
like "4 [main] bash 15592 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't
allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x6D0000, top 0x740000, reserve_size
454656, allocsize 458752, page_const 4096"?  This is an error I've run into
several times and it often causes problems with setup updates.

The best advise I can offer is to try opening 20 or 30 shells at a time,
several times, then close the windows until you don't get a lot of these
errors.  Then, quickly, run the setup script again.  It doesn't hurt to keep
opening and closing a few shell windows while the setup is running.  You can
also try the solution in the thread "1.7.1-1 Install freeze of Cygwin post
install.sh" which is a little drastic; but sometimes rebooting will reduce the
frequency of this error occuring.

This error has been reported on several threads previously, however I've never
seen a good solution.

Sincerely,

Brian S. Wilson
Home: (678) 376-9258       Cell: (678) 232-9357     Wilson@ds.net