Moving Cygwin directory safe?

My Cygwin resides under C:\cygwin (plus G:\cygvar for packages), but as
both C: and G: are nearly full, I'd like to move the Cygwin folders to
partition T: which has plenty of space left.

Is this safe or are there things such as registry entries that will
prevent Cygwin from working properly, or even deconfigure or corrupt
my installation?

--
Michael Ludwig