Re: ls and completion very slow in root dir of a windows drive

Simon Brandner <simon.bra <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:29, Larry Hall wrote:
> $ cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out
> cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() for drive J: failed: 5
> cygcheck: dump_sysinfo: GetVolumeInformation() for drive Z: failed: 53
> J: is some special drive, for software installations. I cannot access it.
> Z: is a network mount, the target pc was turned off                       )

I assume you've mounted your Z: drive or your J: drive to a directory in
your root directory, i. e. /z, isn't it ?
It's a good strategy to use a subdirectory like /net/ for those mount points
where the hardware may be unreachable, thus it would read /net/z, to avoid
performance problems with listing or completion in root directory.

regards

kf