Re: default text mode

On Jun 28 13:11, Jan LÃbbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after reading
> http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new1.7.html#ov-new1.7-file
>
> >Cygwin creates the mount points for /, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib automatically from it's own position on the disk. They don't have to be specified in /etc/fstab.
>
> I ask myself how I can force cygwin to mount /, /usr/bin, and
> /usr/lib in text mode. Depending on which role does cygwin
> automatically choose this decision?

Role?  The automatism is to use binary mode unless /etc/fstab says
something else.  Other than that, why would you do that at all?
If you need textmode for something, do it under some mount point
of your own.  There's no good reason to use textmode for the system
directories, unless Cygwin is too fast on your machine.

Corinna

Red Hat