Re: Moving Cygwin directory safe?

Christopher Faylor schrieb am 27.06.2010 um 15:01 (-0400):
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 03:37:26PM +0200, Michael Ludwig wrote:

> >I copied C:\cygwin to T: instead of reinstalling. Here's a list of
> >things I had to fix (or fixed preemptively):
> >
> >* fixed the above registry settings
>
> ...which was not necessary.

Yes, you hinted at that it might not be, but I didn't know whether these
keys are left-overs from by-gone versions, or derived from some other
setting, or whatnot, so not knowing whether I could delete them I
thought I might as well adapt them to reflect the new values,

To be complete on this issue and include one detail I omitted from my
list: Explorer failed to copy some files (SSH keys), which belonged to
the user NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM and could not be read by my admin user, so
I had to do the following:

  subinacl /file C:\cygwin\etc\ssh* /setowner=michael
  subinacl /file C:\cygwin\etc\ssh*key /grant=michael=R

(This is XP Home, which does not come with the real security tab in
Explorer, so you have to resort to supplementary tools.)

--
Michael Ludwig