Re: Incomplete downloads reported across several mirrors

> Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 15:49:57 +0200
> Subject: Fwd: Intgrity fails?
> From: Sergey Ivanov <icegood1980 at gmail dot com>
> I still have this kind of problem. Does anyone know is it should be so?
> More info:
> 1) gcc: C compiler upgrade helper - version 3.4.4.999
> 2) glib: Gnome C function library (1.2 sources) - version 1.2.10-10
> 3) libgnomecanvas2: GNOME canvas widget library (sources) - version 2.26.0-1

I suspect these problems may be due to a broken setup.ini file. The setup.ini file on mirrors.kernel.org (as of 6/29/10) seems to indicate that libgnomecanvas2 is a source-only package (it doesn't have an "install:" stanza), but other packages are dependent on it. setup.exe tries to install it to satisfy the dependencies but download_one() exits without success since the packagesource::sitestype iterator has nothing to iterate.

Manually setting it to "Skip" in the "Gnome" category allows the process to complete, albeit with a warning message about the dependency.