Re: Windows Server 2008 64-bit setup.exe/bash problem - Amazon Cloud

On 6/30/2010 9:38 AM, Michael Higgins wrote:
I am unable to install Cygwin on a Windows Datacenter 2008 server image
running in the Amazon Web Services cloud.

The install process fails at the execution of the post install scripts with a
bash segmentation fault and core dump. The scripts "complete" but do not
actually do anything. Attempting to run them after the install produces the
same result, script exit but no actions executed.

Since there's not allot of specific data here, I can only hazard a guess. When you mention that the postinstall scripts aren't running, that suggests to me one of two things:

  1. http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA
  2. DLL rebasing.  Did you try installing the rebase package, reading its
     readme, and running rebaseall as it directs?

Holliston, MA 01746