Re: Cygwin extremely slow after updating from 1.5.1 to 1.7.5

Jet Thompson <jet <at> whidbey.com> writes:

> It is now taking over 30 seconds for bash to come up,
> whereas in 1.5 it would take 1-2 seconds.

Above fixed by removing bash-completion

> Doing an ls of my ~ directory takes 5 seconds.

Above fixed by removing bash-completion

> Running a cucumber test takes 5-6 minutes.
>
> Any idea what could be causing this?

I have installed spork.

Time is now 45.2 seconds running Cucumber from
within e text editor.

Time is 32 seconds running Cucumber from the command
line (bash).

Is this the best I should expect from running Cucumber within
Cygwin, or is something still out of whack with my environment?

It seems that the people doing the same under Linux or on Mac
have times like 3-4 seconds.

I did check the list of programs that could be interfering with
Cygwin. Removed Sonic DLA, the only one I had installed that was
on the list. However, I did not notice any change. I am running
Kaspersky, but it was not on the list, and I did not notice any
difference when it was disabled.

Any ideas for improving performance deeply appreciated

Cheers,

   Jet