Re: Minimal setup to build apps from source?

On 7/15/2010 8:17 PM, Monte Cabet wrote:
I always hear some applications thrown out there that you should have to
build software from source like gcc and vim, but is there a more
complete list of what is required? I built up somewhat of a list for
myself to track what I've installed, but there seems to be a lot of
missing points. Some of the list is as follows (there is tons more, but
this is what I feel this necessary as of now):

<snipped list of packages Cygwin already provides>

If I, and everybody else who needs, can get some help to atleast build some of the applications that everybody wishes that would be very beneficial! Thank you.

It's not really clear to me what you're asking for but if you're just
looking for these packages, you can get them (and many others) pre-built by installing them using 'setup.exe' from cygwin.com. If instead you want to
know what packages are prerequisites to build a package, that's information
that you get from the package of interest. Check out its documentation. But
there's no "complete list" of prerequisites unless you consider "all possible
packages" a valid response.

Holliston, MA 01746