Re: telnet connected but without response in cygwin 1.7.5

On 8/9/2010 8:15 AM, laurent.metais@cp.com wrote:
I have the same problem as described here (
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-02/msg00202.html) , with telnet
connection, there is no response.

Where can I find a fix for this issue ? I am currently using cygwin 1.7.5
and issue is still there.

You have not provided enough detail; your symptom may be the same as that reported in February, but the issue that affected telnet+cygwin+Vista back then has been corrected.

You need to describe the networking configuration: you are trying to telnet from (what system? OS? is this the cygwin machine? using which telnet client? the cygwin one or some other one?) to (what system? OS? what telnet server is running -- is it cygwin telnetd?).

How is your firewall configured, on the server and on the client machine? If you use a different telnet client, on the same machine, to connect to the same server, does it work? If you use the failing telnet client, to connect to a different server, does THAT work?

Finally, note that many modern telnet servers now require the client machine to be running an "identd" server, or they will appear to hang for up to 60 seconds! See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils.README for more info, and a link to a win32 identd server you can try.

Also, please *attach* (do not paste) the output from 'cygcheck -svr'.

--
Chuck