Re: Bash login slow after upgrade to cygwin 1.7

On 2010-08-20 7:50, Jeremy Ramer wrote:
After upgrading from cygwin 1.5 to cygwin 1.7 starting a bash shell is
much slower.  It usually takes around 4 seconds before I get a prompt.
  On cygwin 1.5 it was only around 1 second.  I captured some logs from
the startup using this process:
- Open cmd shell
cd C:\cygwin\bin
bash --login -i -x 1>  C:\startlog.txt 2>&1

The log is attached. I don't see anything strange except that it seems
pretty long. The same process on cygwin 1.5 gives much less output. I
can provide that log if needed.
Any ideas?

It's the loading of all the bashcompletion scripts. Move the directory /etc/bash_completion.d away and you'll see it's a lot faster.