Re: Wrong/ inconsistent responses from diff

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> > Found it.  The method to compute the mount flags from the options
>> > given to the mount(1) command have been changed and accidentally the
>> > default is 0, instead of MOUNT_BINARY.  Fixed in CVS.   For the time
>> > being, the workaround is to set the mount option explicitely:
>>
>> >   mount -o binary,... -c /
>>
>> > or, which is much less error-prone in the long run, to create a cygdrive
>> > mount in /etc/fstab.
>>
>> As expected, not working.

> Huh?  As expected, it's working.

Sorry, please disregard my previous statement.
It was something locally unusual. May be accidental reboot helped, or... I
don't know. but I tried to change that line back and forth, and it wasn't
changing mount output, but now, all of a sudden, it works.

> So, did you call `mount -a' after changing /etc/fstab, or,
> alternatively, stop all Cygwin processes and restart them?

Could be that I've had a shell windows opened accidentally.
I just haven't used shell much in the past 2 years, and now I noticed i have
same slowdown issue on opening bash console. I gonna dig the mail archive back
to find a solution.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...