Re: Cross-compiling for i686-pc-mingw32

Greetings, Christopher Faylor!

>>> For now, use CC='gcc-3 -mno-cygwin'. Soon you'll be able to use a real,
>>> honest-to-god cross compiler version of gcc-4 instead (e.g.
>>> "i686-pc-mingw32-gcc")
>>
>>Aww... now i'm struck with it.
>>Tried to compile http://www.acme.com/software/mini_httpd/
>>Installed gcc-mingw, it pulled up some additional packets including gcc
>>itself.
>>Then I ran make just for test. Cygwin build went fine, apart from htpasswd
>>(there's getline redefined in source), but I don't really need it.
>>Then tried to switch to mingw32 and...
>>
>>$ gcc -b i686-pc-mingw32 -O   -c mini_httpd.c
>>gcc: couldn't run `i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-3.4.4': No such file or directory
>>
>>Tried the suggested gcc-3 -mno-cygwin, and got a whole bunch of unresolved
>>function names.
>>So... am I doing something wrong or it's not yet ready to do so?

> Or, maybe if you're in the wrong mailing list.

> I don't see any reason to spend much time trying to help people not use
> Cygwin in this mailing list.  If you're having problems building
> something which is supposed to be built with MinGW then you should be
> checking out the resources at http://mingw.org/ .

It is not "supposed to", and it is building fine with cygwin (and working
surprisingly fine, too).
I just want to know, if it's expected behavior for now, or do I need some more
packages installed to be able to cross-compile applications, besides gcc-mingw
and associated.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...