Re: Cygwin instabilities

On 9/13/2010 11:57 AM, Al wrote:
These two things are related. Remember that Cygwin is an open source

Sure it is related, but that doesn't answer my question.

Who would keep counters of stable or instable setups? These number are
exceptionally hard to come by. Even if this list is now flooded with "my
setup works" and "mine too" posts, these numbers would not be

No that is not the way to go. I think there are people which run Cygwin on more than 1 machine, so they have a personal estimation and experience.

representative. Users may have given up on Cygwin due to instabilities
without notifying the list. Others may run Cygwin so happily they never

Right. Similar I can't report the bugs for people telling me, they don't use Cygwin, because of stability issues they encountered in the past.

OK. Well without any specifics about a particular issue and/or point in time, there's really no way for anyone on this list to respond to this type of query. If someone finds something, the best way to handle the problem is to report it here following the guidelines of <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

Holliston, MA 01746