Re: git and ssh issue

On 09/18/2010 12:23 AM, Frédéric Bron wrote:
> using cygwin 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) 2010-08-31 09:58 i686
>
> I have right now an example where I cannot fetch with the following
> error message:
>
> remote: Counting objects: 534, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (210/210), done.
> fatal: early EOFs:  39% (141/359)
> fatal: index-pack failed
>
> The repository contains proprietary data so that it cannot be accessed
> from somebody else but is there still anything I could do that would
> help to debug this now long standing issue? I am still using 1.5 for
> production because of this and I would be very much pleased to switch
> entirely to 1.7!

We have actually found a publicly available repository and a simple
scenario which reliably reproduces this problem:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone has the time to dig deep into
this yet.  As you'll see in that thread, you can use Putty's plink
instead of ssh to handle the remote connections while you wait for a
fix.  At least you'll be able to take advantage of all the other Cygwin
improvements in the meantime.

-Jeremy