Re: where the streets and servers have no name, cyglwres-xx.dll?

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:38:37PM -0500, mike marchywka wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been having a problem with name lookups but it only seems to
> effect a few things. I think lynx is ok, but then I tried to ftp and
> couldn't find host name . I had first seen this
> with nslookup but ignored it at the time,
>
> $ nslookup google.com
> /usr/bin/nslookup.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyglwres-60.dll: ca
> nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You could try

ldd /usr/bin/nslookup

and/or

cygcheck -c $(cygcheck -f $(which nslookup))

to find out if cyglwres-60.dll is really missing. It should give you
the full path where the dll is supposed to be found. You can check
that path to see if it's there, permissions, ...

(Sorry, I don't have a cygwin installation around ATM)

> I got this result from cygcheck, wasn't sure if there was something obvious
> I did or easiest way to fix. Thanks.
>
> $ cygcheck -s > cygcheckout

Can you please attach it, as described here?

Regards.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB