Re: R: patch can't find files by linux-stype path

Greetings, Marco Atzeri!

>> [C:\arc\games\online\WoW\AddOns\DebuffFilter-1.98]$patch
>>
>> > C:\arc\games\online\WoW\AddOns\DebuffFilter-1.98
>> > is not a cygwin path, so what is your shell ?
>>
>> http://www.farmanager.com/index.php?l=en
>>
>> > I will expect something like
>> >
>> /cygdrive/c/arc/games/online/WoW/AddOns/DebuffFilter-1.98

>> option?
>>
>> > patch --help is your friend,
>> > you need likely to specify
>> > "-p number"
>>
>> Hope it's not a joke, just misunderstanding.
>> Files are exactly where they are supposed to be.
>> In ./DebuffFilter/* in this case.

> Thanks for the test case.
> You are right

>  /tmp/DebuffFilter-1.98
> $ patch -i TinyFontFix-linpath.patch
> can't find file to patch at input line 3

> but

>  /tmp/DebuffFilter-1.98
> $ patch -p0 -i TinyFontFix-linpath.patch
> patching file DebuffFilter/DebuffFilter.xml

> works. I don't know the reason.
> Sometimes patch tries to be too smart.

Aww... LOL :D Gonna take it for a habit... it's second application in two days
that require empty (theoretically meaningless) parameters to work properly.

Still I'd like to have Cygwin guys to take a look at the case and tell us if
it's Cygwin or patch issue.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...