Re: Which CHOST?

On 10/11/2010 02:21 PM, Al wrote:
Hello,

what is the current CHOST?

I'm not sure what you meant by CHOST - it's not an environment variable that I'm familiar with. Who expects it to be set? Did you mean target triplet?

It is i686-pc-cygwin1.7 according to this posting from Eric:

That patch was rejected upstream.

Running config.guess on cygwin 1.7.7 still intentionally produces:

i686-pc-cygwin

If I set the CHOST to i686-pc-cygwin1.7 I have troubles with some
builds for example libiconv, gettext and zlib.

Supplying bogus target triplets to build machinery programs is not recommended. Many configure programs (mistakenly) compare $host or $host_os (the autoconf names for the full target triplet and the third member of the triplet) against the pattern cygwin, rather than the glob cygwin*; and while those programs should probably be fixed upstream, they at least have the justification that they match the current config.guess program output, and that you probably shouldn't have supplied a triplet that wasn't documented in config.guess in the first place.