openssh 5.6p1-2 with latest Cygwin install/admin can't log in

I've been searching the web for a solution to no avail.

I've recently installed the latest Cygwin.  ssh had worked previously and
with public key too for the administrator account.  I even had ssh running
on an alternate port.

With the latest install, I get a prompt for the administrator's password
and, upon entering it, "Permission denied, please try again."  It appears
that the public keys still exist in the proper location and yet, no form
of ssh login seems to work.  There are no other accounts on this system;
just Administrator has been used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

   "And though it seems they smile with glee, I know in truth they envy me
       and watch as my befuddled brain, shines on brightly quite insane"