Re: 1.7.8: files exist but can not be read

I tested the snapshot, and the problem appears to be fixed.

Thanks!

Teun

Op 23-11-2010 10:39, Corinna Vinschen schreef:

Please don't http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU. Thank you.

On Nov 22 19:11, A.R. Burgers wrote:
Hi,

here the script file.sh and its output results.txt,
pasted in the mail, including the output of the ntqueryfile
program. I ran ntqueryfile both on a netapp file and on a local file.

hope this helps
[...]
*** ./ntqueryfile \\\\nas01\\g_zon_software\$\\cygwin17\\text.txt:
NtQueryInformationFile(FNOI): 0xc000000d
  fsi.AllocationSize 64
  fsi.EndOfFile      7

Yes, it helps. It confirms my suspicion that Netapps don't grok the FileNetworkOpenInformation info class. I'm wondering what else is not fully implemented on these drives. That's the forth problem we have to workaround for these thingies. Sigh.

I applied a patch which should fix this problem.  Please test the latest
from CVS or the next developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Thanks, Corinna