Re: bug: df -l considers no filesystems local

On 03/31/2010 12:11 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 03/31/2010 11:59 AM, Erik Inge Bolsø wrote:
>> On a fresh cygwin install, df -l returns:
>>
>> df: no file systems processed
>
> Thanks for the reminder.  This has been previously reported, but I still
> haven't had time to look into it.  I'm not sure whether it is a bug in
> cygwin itself, or a porting problem in coreutils.

An upstream bug (upstream mountlist.c was assuming that getmntent
mnt_fsname implies a remote disk if it contains a :, or starts with //
and is of type cifs or smbfs; but on cygwin, ALL mount points contain a
: or start with //).  I'm restoring the 6.10 behavior (actually, the
6.10 behavior had to deal with the fact that cygwin 1.5 didn't have
getmntent that returned file system types, so the patch for cygwin 1.7
is much smaller).  Look for coreutils 8.8 to hit a mirror near you soon.