Re: Preremove/postinstall scripts fail with snapshot installed

On 2/11/2011 4:22 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
If I run setup.exe with a cygwin snapshot installed, bash crashes while
running all preremove and postinstall scripts.  Here's a typical error
message in /var/log/setup.log.full:

2011/02/11 15:56:55 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
/etc/preremove/emacs-X11.sh
        0 [main] bash 2760 exception::handle: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
     1739 [main] bash 2760 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
bash.exe.stackdump

I can reproduce this on two different Win7 machines, but the problem
doesn't occur on a third machine running XP SP3.  I'm attaching cygcheck
output from one of the Win7 machines, as well as a bash stackdump.

I've tested this on the latest snapshot (2011-02-07) as well as the
2010-12-01 snapshot.  I haven't yet had a chance to test earlier
snapshots to see where the problem first occurs, but I'll try to do that
over the weekend.  The problem does not occur under cygwin 1.7.7.

OK, the problem first occurs in the 2010-10-18 snapshot.

What's really puzzling is that I've been running snapshots for quite a while, and this problem didn't show up until today. I have no idea what changed.

Ken