Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: Please upload: mined-2000.16-0

Am 13.02.2011 23:25, schrieb Karl M:

>> Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:18:18 +0100
>> From: Thomas
>> Subject: Re: Please upload: mined-2000.16-0
>>> The reason is that, at least on Windows 7, there is no key called
>>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations.
>>>
>>> The result is that a user of Windows 7 gets a postinstall warning
from
>>> setup.exe because the mined postinstall script returns a non-zero
exit
>>> code.
>>>

>>> Corinna
>> Hi, thanks for the notice.
>> Actually I'm aware that there is this postinstall return problem also
in
>> Windows XP and I've fixed it but the code base isn't quite ready yet
for
>> the next release - can it still wait for a short while?
>> On the other hand, if the key doesn't exist because the mechanism has
>> changed in Windows 7, I'm not sure what to do because I don't have W7
>> myself for testing - any advice by someone? Just some other key name
>> perhaps?
> Why is mined by default messing with this? Isn't this something that
the user should run if he/she wants to alter file associations/context
menu stuff?
I once discussed this with Andy and felt encouraged to do so - after
all, non-expert users will not normally make such an entry because there

is no tool to do it easily (I think).
But I'll reconsider and maybe confine it to the stand-alone package.

Whatever update, please allow for a few days...

Thomas