Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Withdrawn: {libiconv/libiconv2/libcharset1}-1.13.1-2 (moved to test)

On 3/1/2011 11:43 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 13:08 -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Well, the library components appear to operate correctly.  However, the
>> executable, iconv.exe, does not do so.  It picked up an dependency on a
>> new symbol, _feinitialize, by being compiled against the 1.7.8.
>>
>> So, consider this version withdrawn until 1.7.8 is officially released.
>> (Technically, I moved it to the test category).
>
> Ping?

Yeah, ok.

It appears that Bruno, Eric, and Corinna went off on a long discussion
concerning different approaches to dealing with 16bit wchar_t.
Subsequently, a bunch of new functions have been added to gnulib, and a
new type (wwchar_t); my assumption is future libiconv will use these new
functions and type on cygwin...

But (a) I don't want to wait for libiconv-1.14, and (b) I don't want to
integrate that new gnulib stuff into libiconv-1.13.1 myself, so...

We'll pretty much go with what we have, re: libiconv-1.13.1 on cygwin.
There was another issue, related to how Bruno's relocation code is
implemented on cygwin. Bruno adopted a slightly different patch (into
gnulib) but obviously that hasn't trickled down to libiconv yet either.

...Now this, I could probably integrate into libiconv-1.13.1-3 instead
of the -2 version of the patch.  But, there's no real rush, as I don't
build cygwin's libiconv with relocation turned on anyway.

So...I'll remove the test designation ASAP.