Compiled program does nothing when executing it under Cygwin

Hello list,

I've been using Cygwin for a few weeks to develop C programs under Windows
XP. Since yesterday evening, various programs don't do anything anymore
under Cygwin when I execute them though. This includes a program that I
wrote and compiled myself but also Cygwin's psql binary. (When I compile my
program under Linux they work fine and the compilation doesn't give any
errors on Cygwin neither, of course.) The last thing I remember doing was
installing rsync into Cygwin, other packages were upgraded as well during
that operation I think.

When I run my program it just does nothing and I'm still at the shell like
this:

am@dev ~/svn/ptgl
$ psql
am@dev ~/svn/ptgl
$ ./my_prg
am@dev ~/svn/ptgl

When I run cygcheck on my_prg, this is shown:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\spirit\Eigene
Dateien\develop\svn\molbi\ptgl\topo_neo\topo_neo_lig.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cyggcc_s-1.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygpq.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygcrypt-0.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygintl-8.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygldap-2-3-0.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cyglber-2-3-0.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygminires.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygssl-0.9.8.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygsasl2-2.dll

When I try to run the program from Windows (by double-clicking it in the
Explorer), this error message shows up: "Der Procedureinstiegspunkt
_feinitialise wurde in der DLL cygwin1.dll nicht gefunden." This means
"Cannot find entry point _feinitialise in dynamic link library cygwin1.dll"
in english, but I'm not even sure if this error message is related to my
problem. The cygwin1.dll file exists in the path listed above and that
directory is in my PATH system variable.

Running the app in gdb says "error 193" but this seems to be some
cygwin/windows path issue accoriding to google -- and may also not be
related to the problem.

What should I do? If you need the output of other programs or more info
please ask. I don't really know how to even try to diagnose the error.

Thanks for any help,

am