This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fedora Cygwin RPM repository
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:36:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fedora Cygwin RPM repository
- References: <1299994671.5080.21.camel@YAAKOV04>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 12 23:37, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> In response to recent inquiries, I have created a repository of
> Linux-to-Cygwin cross-compilers for Fedora 14 i686 and x86_64 which
> include GCC, Cygwin, and a handful of libraries. Also included are the
> necessary mingw32 packages with static libraries for cross-compiling
> Cygwin's setup.exe.
> These packages can be installed with Yum and the PackageKit frontends by
> first downloading and installing the release RPM from Sourceforge:
> As these are not official products of the Cygwin project, please direct
> any questions or issues to the cygwin-ports-general list for now.
this offer is way cool. Thanks for doing this, because this allows my lazy
self to switch to the latest gcc to build Cygwin without having to build
the compiler and all the stuff myself. Really cool.
I've just tested to build Cygwin with this gcc, and I have only two small
- libbfd.a and the bfd.h header have to be manually installed, otherwise
I can't build dumper.exe. It would be nice to get a minimal cygwin-bfd
runtime package as well to support my lazyness even more. :)
- The w32api headers are in their own w32api include directory, but the
w32api link libs are in sys-root/usr/lib instead of sys-root/usr/lib/w32api
where they belong. I think this should be fixed.
Other than that, thanks again. I think this deserves a gold star.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple