Re: GNU Modula-2

On Mar 13 16:17, Christoph Schlegel wrote:
> I am wondering about GNU Modula-2. The frontend is listed in the
> Cygwin Package List http://cygwin.com/packages/ but the
> corresponding directory is empty. Are there plans to add the package
> soon?
>
> GNU Modula-2 has reached version 1.0 some time ago. The compiler can
> be built after commenting out a few lines in string.h - I learned
> this from the following message:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-06/msg00368.html
>
> By the way, another message documents that the problem is there for
> years now.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-06/msg00369.html

The mails are from 2008, and the problem they are refering to has been
fixed for quite some time now.  The definition of strsignal in string.h
is correct and aligned to the POSIX definition.  It's the same as on
Linux, too.  If that results in a problem building GNU Modula-2, it's a
problem in GNU Modula-2.

And since you wrote "after commenting out a *few* lines", it's probably
not this problem at all.  I'm sure with a few more details (error
messages, which lines exactly you commented out, stuff like that) your
problem became clearer.

Corinna

Red Hat