Re: Fedora Cygwin RPM repository

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 12:36 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> this offer is way cool.  Thanks for doing this, because this allows my lazy
> self to switch to the latest gcc to build Cygwin without having to build
> the compiler and all the stuff myself.  Really cool.

Glad to help.

> I've just tested to build Cygwin with this gcc, and I have only two small
> problems:
> - libbfd.a and the bfd.h header have to be manually installed, otherwise
>   I can't build dumper.exe.  It would be nice to get a minimal cygwin-bfd
>   runtime package as well to support my lazyness even more. :)

I just added a cygwin-binutils-devel package with the necessary headers
and static libraries.

The only trick is you need to manually
remove /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/libiberty.a so that the "correct"
libiberty.a is used instead until I have the chance to rebuild

> - The w32api headers are in their own w32api include directory, but the
>   w32api link libs are in sys-root/usr/lib instead of sys-root/usr/lib/w32api
>   where they belong.  I think this should be fixed.

I tried that at first, but it didn't work.  The problem is with

$ i686-pc-cygwin-strings /usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-ld.bfd | grep w32api

So this code isn't sysroot-safe.  PTC.