Re: Volume Shadow Copy in SSHD connection

Ok Corinna, thanks for return, but I don´t understand how can I call
these methods.
Is there a bash functions?

bruno.galindro@SUNTECHDHFG1 ~
$ seteuid
bash: seteuid: command not found

As I understand, these are C / C++ methods available when I include
these two libraries on my code header:

#include <windows.h>
#include <sys/cygwin.h>

If I try to use the first method (with password authentication):

In the page http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview,
right bellow the following text, there are a C source code explaining
how to use the setegid and seteuid methods.

##### Back to this logon with password, how can this be used to
implement set(e)uid? $$$ Well, it requires modification of the calling
application. $$$ Two Cygwin functions have been introduced to support
porting setuid applications which only require login with passwords.
You only give Cygwin the right access token and then you can call
seteuid or setuid as usual in POSIX applications. Porting such a
setuid application is illustrated by a short example: #####

Any man page of setuid are pointed to a page that says: #### Standard
C Library (libc, -lc) #####

I´dont know how to call these methods using the Cygwin.dll as you
explained before...

I´m need to execute the NTBackup application by running it from a ssh
connection. Whenever I run it, the backup process can´t be started
because the NTBackup application depends the Volume Shadow Copy is
working properly. Every time that I start a new backup, the below
error is displayed on the event viewer:

**** Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An internal inconsistency was
detected in trying to contact shadow copy service writers.  Please
check to see that the Event Service and Volume Shadow Copy Service are
operating properly. *****

2011/3/22 Corinna Vinschen:
> On Mar 21 17:56, Bruno Galindro da Costa wrote:
>> Corinna,
>>
>> ? ?I´m need to build a small C++ program to exec the "vssadmin list
>> writers" with another user context at the remote host?
>
> Huh? ?No, of course not. ?As the document describes, all of the methods
> are implemented in the Cygwin DLL as part of the seteuid system call.
> You just have to choose which one you want to use.
>
>> ? ? but I need to acomplish the
>> "Method 1" and this method needs the "NtCreateToken" function that I
>> don´t know how to use...
>
> You don't have to. ?It's all in the Cygwin DLL. ?You should really read
> all of the text. ?It explains how to use the other methods.
>

> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Project Co-Leader ? ? ? ? ?cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
>
> --
> Problem reports: ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://cygwin.com/faq/