This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.7.8-1 setup produces INVALID PACKAGE entries in setup.log.full
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:00:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.7.8-1 setup produces INVALID PACKAGE entries in setup.log.full
- References: <4D8D3CE4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4D9602D7.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 4/1/2011 12:52 PM, Ken wrote:
I just tried the latest 1.7.9-1 setup.exe (although it appears to be the same
version used for 1.7.8-1) and get the same results for a clean (new empty
folder) download-only operation.
Is it safe to ignore these errors in the setup log?
These look to me like they could be indicating a download issue.
Unfortunately, the message doesn't provide allot of insight into the
particular package 'setup.exe' thinks is incomplete/invalid. I'd
recommend removing your download directory and trying again. If the
problem persists, try multiple mirrors 1 at a time, removing the download
directory with each attempt. If it still occurs, you may need to
investigate if you have a proxy that's cached some bad data. You
should be able to rule that in or out by removing the download
directory again and picking a mirror that you've never tried before.
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple