This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [1.7.9] bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale (FR)
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 08:56:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: [1.7.9] bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale (FR)
- References: <BANLkTikDGagEMZpPm8D6EXu55s8uDKrKnA@mail.gmail.com>
2011/4/3 FrÃdÃric Bron:
> I have just upgraded to 1.7.9:
> $ uname
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 VOR-CRV-01660 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin
> I now get this message when starting mintty ("C:\cygwin-1.7\bin\mintty.exe -"):
> -bash: warning: setlocale: LC_COLLATE: cannot change locale (FR)
Check the locale setting on the Text page of mintty's options dialog.
> The warning remains if .bashrc and .bash_profile are empty.
> For some reason, even if I do not set it, I have LANG=FR.
> I have also tried to add:
> export LANG="C.UTF-8"
> export LC_ALL="C.UTF-8"
> in .bashrc but it does not change anything.
That's because setting the locale there is too late both for mintty
and for bash.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple