This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unable to remap to same address as parent - despite rebaseall
- From: Illia Bobyr <Illia dot Bobyr at ronin-capital dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Redd Vinylene <reddvinylene at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:45:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: unable to remap to same address as parent - despite rebaseall
- References: <BANLkTim4ea-Li80RfEVLQ4AgXQtVhsTUtg@mail.gmail.com>
On 4/2/2011 7:45 AM, Redd Vinylene wrote:
> I'm on Windows 7 and I'm getting:
> fatal error - unable to remap
> to same address as parent:
> I tried
> but to no avail.
> Anybody knows?
rebaseall does the following to get a list of objects that need to be
find /etc/setup -name '*.lst.gz' | \
xargs gzip -d -c | \
grep -E "\.(dll|so)\$" | \
sed -e '/cygwin1\.dll$/d' -e '/cyglsa.*\.dll$/d' -e 's/^/\//'
The gems, I guess, do not add lst.gz files to the /ets/setup, thus
rebaseall does not know about any DLLs or SOs they install.
But it is possible to provide a list of objects that need to be rebased
in addition to the default list when you run rebaseall.
You can probably do something like this:
find /lib/ruby/gems -iname '*.so' > /tmp/ruby.gems.local.so.lst
Then "quit" cygwin and rebaseall like this:
/usr/bin/rebaseall -T /tmp/ruby.gems.local.so.lst
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple