This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows tools can access /usr/share but not /usr/lib
- From: Greg Chicares <gchicares at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:15:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: Windows tools can access /usr/share but not /usr/lib
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2011-04-08 11:04Z, Marc Girod wrote:
> While testing it on cygwin, I tried and failed to import it itself, from the
> perl install directory, which
> is under /usr/lib.
> The tool spawns an IBM utility built for Windows (in this case): cleartool.
> It is this cleartool which cannot access C:\cygwin\usr\lib
> I notice that the Windows cmd shell has the exact same problem, which
> disappears if using instead:
/lib/ and /usr/lib/ refer to the same directory:
"C:\cygwin\usr\lib" is unlikely to exist. When you want a windows path,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple