RE: Octave Plotting, Invoking Octave

Thanks Marco

  I deleted the cygwin directory and reinstalled, selecting cygwin 1.7.8-1.
This did not work either; but I may have done a rebaseall after installing octave.

Got octave working with this sequence:

install cygwin, with x11; do a >/cygwin/bin/ash ? ./rebaseall;
run setup again:  downgrade to 1.7.8-1, select octave, octave-forge ...;
(do NOT run ./rebaseall)
now sombrero demo plot works in octave.
BUT with the figure displayed a second Octave -> figure  command does not work.

Doug

REFERENCE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-04/msg00252.html