This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: named pipe (fifo) question
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:23:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: named pipe (fifo) question
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 09:48:09AM -0400, bob 295 wrote:
>(I'm on the list in digest mode so things can't thread easily)
>On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:01:55AM -0400, bob 295 wrote:
>>>I'm porting a library from Linux to Cygwin and I've encountered a problem
>>>the behavior of named pipes (fifo's).
>>>Is this the intended POSIX behavior? Is the problem the RDWR open?
>>The problem is that Cygwin's implementation of fifos is very buggy. I
>>recommend using them for anything but the simplest of applications.
>Here is some sample code I've been playing with which produces clean results
>on Linux but totally wonky results on Cygwin.
The problem is that Cygwin's implementation of fifos is very buggy. I
wouldn't recommend using fifos for anything but the simplest of
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple