This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
rebaseall rebasing dlls into cygwin address range?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 21:06:57 -0400
- Subject: rebaseall rebasing dlls into cygwin address range?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I just noticed today that cygz.dll was rebased right into the middle of
cygwin1.dll's address range. So, I added a -v to the rebaseall run and
saw that there were quite a few dlls stomping all over cygwin.
I wonder if this explains why we're seeing problems which are not cured
by rebase? Maybe rebase should detect where cygwin1.dll lives and avoid
putting other DLLs there.
But, for now, just setting the base to something higher:
rebaseall -b 0x77000000
would solve some of the problems we've seen.
I don't know if that stomps on system routines or not, though.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple