This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] base-files-4.0.6: Change prompt if running with admin rights
- From: Christian Franke <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:39:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] base-files-4.0.6: Change prompt if running with admin rights
- References: <4D964392.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2011-04-01, Christian Franke wrote:
The attached patch for /etc/profile and /etc/bash.bashrc sets a root
prompt ('#' instead of '$' or '%') if the shell runs with admin rights
(local or domain admin group).
Any comment so far? Wrong list ?
If this patch is not accepted:
Would it be possible to change /etc/profile such that PS1 is set before
/etc/profile.d scripts are run?
This would allow to change the prompt in a local /etc/profile.d script.
This worked with the old base-files 3.9
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple